Family Life Committee
The Family Life Committee’s mission is to strengthen our Congregation and Church Family through fellowship and social activities. It is our intention to offer events that will be both engaging as well as opportunities for members to strengthen bonds with fellow Christians. We offer families, members, and visitors activities that are both Christian based and a means to be involved in the Church family. Our committee works very hard to ensure that there are activities for our members each month. We are always open to new ideas and invite everyone to be involved whether it’s by serving on the committee, helping with a particular event, or just coming out and enjoying the fun and great company of your Poplar Tent Church Family.
Below is a list of activities the Family Life Committee currently hosts for members, families and visitors:
- Meet n Mingle Socials following services
- Easter Egg Hunt, Craft and Lesson for Children
- Pot Luck Dinners
- Homecoming - First Sunday in June
- Progressive Dinners – great socials and a way to get to know your Church Family better
- Monthly dinner following the second Contemporary Service of the month
- Kickball games and cook outs during the summer at the ball field
- Special Occasions – Mother’s Day/Father’s Day, etc…
- Annual Poplar Tent Church Picnic
- Advent Event Craft & Dinner
- Happy Birthday Jesus Party
For details and information on upcoming events – check your bulletin, read your newsletter, or contact a member of the Family Life Committee.